Sunday 22 June 2014

Keith Urban

I just love country music!!!!

Remember I said - "country" - any type, style, new, old, it doesn't matter just as long as its country - not "western".   Trouble is I don't often get the chance to sit down and listen to any as I spend a lot of time out in the garden (don't want to get my i-phone dirty) and when I am inside, the airspace in my home seems always to be monopolized by my son listening to his vast collection of cd's.  

I make up for it when I am out in the car though - all my favourite cd's are lined up in the glovebox ready for my "alone time".  They just need to be fed into the dashboard cd slot and......away I go.   Singing along with gay abandon, oblivious to the stares of other road users as I pass them on my way.

Isn't it funny how when you are alone in the car you think you know all the words to all the songs and just sing along at the top of your lungs, not caring what you look like to those outside the car, peering at you, thinking......weirdo.


The other time you seem to let go of your bashfulness is at a live concert.  I think this is because there are always thousands of other people there with you that think they are sensational singers too.   Really, everyone just blends into the crowd, all of us just being yet another noisy "fan" having a good time. 

This week I was lucky enough to be able to go to the Keith Urban - Light the Fuse concert at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.   A W E S O M E ! ! ! !  Can't get much better than Keith, in his denims, on stage, belting out a tune on his guitar.

Don't believe me!!  Just check out this youtube - I know you will be all dreamy-eyed like me soon enough. 



No comments:

Post a Comment