This vanilla and lime-scented cheesecake is everything a chilled cheesecake should be - soft and creamy with just a touch of sweetness.
CHILLED LIME CHEESECAKE
- 500 gms cream cheese, chopped
- Finely grated lime zest from 1 lime (I then peeled and sliced the lime thinly for garnish on top)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups dextrose
- 350mls thickened cream - beat until soft peaks form
- 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup dextrose
- 80 gms butter, melted
Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced). Lightly grease a 22cm springform cake tin and line with baking paper
To make the base, mix the flour, coconut, dextrose and butter in a bowl until combined. Then press into the base of the prepared tin
Bake the base for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool completely
Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the vanilla, lime zest, dextrose and beat until mixed. Then gently fold through the whipped cream until well combined. Spoon onto the prepared, cool base in the tin and smooth the top. Refrigerate for 4 - 5 hours or until set.
Remove from the spring form pan and place on a serving plate. The cheesecake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, although it probably won't last that long.