Wednesday 11 June 2014

I Quit Sugar...

It has now been six months since deciding to eliminate sugar from my diet.  And I must say I feel healthier, lighter, I am no longer bloated, and have so much more energy......

"QUITTING SUGAR IS A WAY OF LIVING WITHOUT PROCESSED FOOD" - Sarah Wilson

Quitting sugar for me is about eating what I think my grandmother would have eaten.  Eating wholesome foods that have not been mucked around with.  Also, as I don't think my grandma flew off to the gym twice a day, my exercise is balanced to all the incidental activity that occurs in my daily routine.

[STATISTIC : 100 years ago the average person ate 1kg sugar per year. 2014 now sees the average at 60 kg per year]

100 years ago people ate basically what was grown and available locally.  They ate eggs for breakfast, a salad sandwich for lunch, meat and simply prepared vegetables for dinner.  They drank whole milk and had the occasional piece of fruit as a treat.  They cooked their own food and made all their meals from scratch.    

OBESITY, HEART DISEASE AND HIGH CHOLESTEROL WERE BASICALLY UNHEARD OF

There are many books available to read about eating, sugar free, but the ones that fit best with my beliefs and lifestyle are those written by SARAH WILSON and are available HERE.

Her first book - "I Quit Sugar" and then the follow up "I Quit Sugar...For Life".  

Both books are very easy to read, come with lots of suggestions and encouragement and contain hundreds of simple to follow recipes.



 I believe eating sugar free also helps me to tread more sustainably on the planet and live a more productive, simple life.


No comments:

Post a Comment